1 Install a Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL)
You have to have Windows 10. In principle, follow these instructions. A few notes:
- To open the Windows PowerShell, click on "Start", then "Windows PowerShell", a right-click on "Windows PowerShell", select "More" and then "Execute as Administrator".
- I opened the store and searched for "Ubuntu". I selected the one without any version number and it gave me "Ubuntu 20.04.1 LTS". The following instructions apply to Ubuntu.
2 Configure the system
- Open the Linux Subsystem. Set up a new user.
- Update the existing packages:
sudo apt-get update
- Install the necessary additional packages:
sudo apt-get install build-essential gfortran cmake pkg-config python3
3 Additions to Windows
From anywhere in the Linux subsystem, you can open an explorer:
4 Install Dumux
- Download the installation script:
- Compile and run a test:
cd DUMUX/dumux/build-cmake/test/porousmediumflow/2p/implicit/incompressible/ make test_2p_incompressible_tpfa ./test_2p_incompressible_tpfa
- Open an explorer to have access to the result files in Windows: