Implement better tests for freeflow
There is a myriad of benchmarks, numerical and analytical solutions for free-flow problems. We should incorporate more of them in our free-flow tests. Thomas and Christoph had some of them for their staggered grid implementation.
Currently, there are two test which come with an analytical solution:
Here a some ideas what could be added:
- Analytical solution for simple stationary 2d channel test (test already exists)
- Ghia 1982
- Transient flow field test with analytical solution
- Transient flow field test: lid driven cavity
- Analytical solution for diffusion (mass/energy) tests
- Ensure same results for mass and mole formulation (see !950 (closed))
More suggestions welcome!
- Improve the description of the tests and the help-message
Could be a job for a HiWi.